HTML Template Developer
BrandStencil is our artwork automation SaaS product. BrandStencil is focused at helping the not-for-profit sector get the most out of their brand with a suite of online tools.
The product grew out of work we were doing for clients to create brand centres as part of website projects and now has an impressive client list including the RSPB, Mind, Alzheimer's Society and Leonard Cheshire.
BrandStencil uses a bespoke HTML based templating system build around Laravel's Blade Engine to create all manner of artwork from business cards to multi-page reports which can be exported as jpegs, png or pdfs.
Template creation process
There are three stages to the process of creating a BrandStencil template:
- Recreate the artwork in HTML and CSS and ensure it renders correctly in all modern browser and also when outputted as a PDF or image by the app.
- Define all the editable fields the template uses, this is done in a companion YAML file. Our templates support many different input types from simple free text fields to complex repeating blocks. Templates can be linked to external image libraries like ThirdLight and AssetBank and can even connect to dynamic data sources.
- Create the dynamic 'blade' template by copying the static HTML and replacing all the placeholder text and images with variable tags.
If you’d had any experience creating Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp templates or building a custom WordPress theme you will be familiar with the concept of defining dynamic regions.
We have a well documented templating process and reference docs for the specific syntax. We’ll also provide some training to get you started.
- Happy working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign / Illustrator / PhotoShop)
- Confident writing HTML and CSS using our strict coding standards
- Understand image optimisation and familiar with SVGs
- Have an excellent eye for detail (you will be converting print ready artwork to HTML so it is vital than non of the subtleties of the design are lost)
- Understand the concepts of dynamic templating (think WordPress themes)
Nice to have
- Git Version control
- Basic PHP
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send a covering letter and CV along with some examples of your front end work to email@example.com
Agencies - please don’t bother. Thanks bigly.